Become a Volunteer
The Sports Hall of Fame is very fortunate to have some fantastic volunteers who assist with a variety of activities at our facility and in the community.
Listed below are some of the volunteer opportunities currently available at the Sports Hall of Fame:
Volunteers help conduct tours and educational programs for the various groups that visit the Sports Hall of Fame throughout the year.
Volunteers assist with welcoming the public to our facility as front desk attendants.
Annual Two-Bit Auction
This event provides an opportunity for our many fans, friends and supporters to get together and
help raise funds to assist in our efforts to preserve and honour our region’s proud sports history.
The opportunity to bid on some great items which have been donated by our
members and community supporters, and try your luck on 50/50 draws and a special draw. Thanks
to our presenting sponsor Canadian Tire who has been on board with us since the beginning.
Special thanks to our volunteers and staff for their time and energy in making this event possible.
Under the B- BINGO has been called!
Bingos are held throughout the year and volunteers are needed to assist with this fundraising project. The events are held at Superior Shores Gaming Centre between 12:00 noon and 4:00 pm. Add: This updated and renovated facility is located at 435 Memorial Avenue and provides the opportunity to play traditional dabber bingo, electronic bingo and a variety of OLG electronic games.
If you are interested in volunteering during our bingo sessions (shifts are only 2 hours long), please contact the Hall of Fame at 622-2852.
Come out and enjoy an afternoon or evening of bingo and help support the Sports Hall of Fame and over 70 other local groups.
The 2020 Fame 600 Club draws will take place over seven weeks with the first draws being held on July 20th and the final draw will take place on September 2nd.
Fame 600 Club Draw Facts...
• $50 per ticket
• only 600 tickets available to be sold
• 50 prizes to be awarded
• $12,000 in prizes including 40 cash prizes ranging from $50 to $1,000 PLUS 10 sport themed prizes including Chicago Blackhawks & Winnipeg Blue Bombers tickets, a Jordan Staal Carolina Hurricanes autographed jersey
• all tickets eligible for all draws
• with a sell-out of all 600 tickets close to $18,000 will be raised for the Sports Hall of Fame which will greatly assist us with our continuing efforts to preserve sport heritage
• purchasers must be 18 years of age and older to purchase a ticket
Purchase your ticket by:
- ordering over the phone with a Visa or Mastercard by calling the Sports Hall of Fame at 622-2852
- sending an email to email@example.com to request a ticket
- sending a cheque to 219 May Street South, Thunder Bay ON P7E 1B5
- from various volunteers in the community, including Hall of Fame Board Members
- download a ticket order form by clicking here
Winners' names will appear in the Saturday edition of the Chronicle-Journal following the draw and on our website.
Throughout the year we are involved in a number of events including our Fred Bragnalo Memorial Golf Tournament (July), Annual Induction Dinner (September) and Heritage Classic Doubles Curling Funspiel (November)
If you can assist the Sports Hall of Fame in any way contact us using one of the methods highlighted in our footer below.